Roundtable entitled “Possibilities for development of business cluster network between SMEs from Visegrad countries and Serbia” is finantialy supported by the Visegrad Fund – link.
Background: Work of the EMD, founded in 2002, is based on fifty years long tradition of the Technical faculty in Bor, University of Belgrade (which is on the Shanghai list of universities ranked among the top 400).
Since 2004, the EMD organizes May Conference on Strategic Management (https://mksm.sjm06.com/), which grew into an international symposium in 2013. The present contribution of the Conference to the field of strategic management is best reflected in the continued increase in the number of works and authors. According to the data, 2013 was the most successful year in the conference tradition with 133 submitted articles and 236 participants.
Aims of the project: Now we have in plan that this year we should further increase our cooperation with our partners from V4. Accordingly in the first two days of the symposium, national and international authors will have the opportunity to present the results of their research papers in the field of management.
The last day of the three-day conference is planned for the international student symposium and roundtable entitled “Possibilities for development of business cluster network between SMEs from Visegrad countries and Serbia”.
This way IMKSM2014 symposium would represent a continuation and improvement of cooperation between the Technical Faculty in Bor and scientific institutions of V4.
In the work of the round table, besides Serbian, representatives of scientific institutions from the V4 will take a part with the aim of sharing knowledge and entrepreneurial experience and creating a climate for the future international cooperation. The aim of the project is raising the quality of the conference and the student symposium by retaining old and attracting new participants, who would improve conference fields by their scientific contribution.
Partners: Official V4 partners that will participate in the event are:
1. Institute of Production Engineering, Faculty of Management, The Czestochowa University of Technology – Poland; webpage of the partner institution: http://www.zim.pcz.czest.pl
2. University of ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Faculty of Mass Media of UCM – Slovakia; webpage of the partner institution: http://fmk.ucm.sk
3. University of South Bohemia, Faculty of Economics; webpage of the partner institution: http://www.ef.jcu.cz
4. Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management – Hungary; webpage of the partner institution: http://kgk.uni-obuda.hu/medve_andras
5. The Managers of Quality and Production Association – Poland; webpage of the partner institution: http://qpij.pl
6. University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Faculty of Social Sciences – Slovakia; webpage of the partner institution: http://www.fsvucm.sk/uvod
Program of the activities: Programme of the Conference IMKSM2014 and the round table is available here: MKSM2014 official program_Preliminar.
May 22nd, Prof. Dr Ivan Mihajlovic, president of IMKSM2014 organizational board, announced the conference and the project at regional TV station. The link to this activity is available here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w0zas_budilica-gostovanje-ivan-mihajlovic-22-maj-2014_news
May 23rd – 25th, successfully organized International May Conference on Strategic Management. The program of the conference is available here: MKSM2014 official program. This year there was a record number of near 160 paper, with more than 260 authors, submitted for the conference. On the other hand, the number of participants who presented their works at the conference was to some extent less than expected (around 100 presentations). The reason for this is in the floods which happened in Serbia immediately before the conference. However, the abstracts of all manuscript were published in Book of abstracts, which is available here: Book-of-abstracts_MKSM14. Also, all full length papers will be published in Book of proceedings in next 20 days. Template for preparation of full length manuscripts is available here: IMKSM-2014-template-ENG1 (2).
May 25th, in the frame of International May Conference on Strategic Management – IMKSM2014, 10th International Students Symposium on Strategic Management was also successfully organized. At this symposium 23 students from different countries presented their research work. The program of students’ symposium is available here: Students symposium_program
May 25th, during the last day of the International May Conference on Strategic Management – IMKSM2014, the Round Table: “Possibilities for development of business cluster network between SMEs from Visegrad countries and Serbia“. The round table was organized with participation of: Prof. Dr. József Poór from Szent István University, Gödöllő, Hungary; Prof. Dr. Kornélia Lazányi, Prof. Dr IldikóMarosi and student Viktor Valo from Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management, Hungary; Prof. dr Ladislav Mura and Marija Igazova from Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Slovak Republic; Prof. dr Ivan Mihajlović, Dr Isidora Milošević, Dr Milica Arsić and MSci Danijela Voza from Technical Faculty in Bor, Serbia; Dr Dubravka Škunca from Faculty of Business and Industrial, Management, Union University, Belgrade , Serbia. Participants from Czech Republic and Poland also sent their presentation for the round table. At the Round table discussion was facilitated with the topic of possibility to create new network between all partners on this project. Also, the present situation in development of SME sector – with the aim of cluster modelling and further cooperation was presented.
Following conclusions can be emphasized from this meeting:
1. All partners on this project will sign the bilateral agreement for future cooperation on faculty level;
2. Ten papers from the IMKSM2014 will be published in one issue of Serbian Journal of Management (SJM) and ten in Acta Oeconomica Universitatis Selye; The papers should be arranged in accordance to instructions to authors available at the web sites of those two journals.
3. All reports about present situation in SMEs sector in partner countries and possibilities for cluster formation between V4 countries and Serbia will be published in Monograph. The monograph will published with up to 6 papers from each partner university. The papers should be with 10 to 20 pages and prepared in accordance to template available here: V4 Monography – IMKSM-2014-template-ENG2 . It was agreed by all partners that the deadline for manuscripts submission, for the monograph, was 15th of June 2014.
4. It was agreed that the partners on this project will continue with scientific and research cooperation in the future. They will be engaged in near future on preparation of larger projects, possible in the frame of HORIZON 2020.
All further details about directions of future cooperation will be available at this web page soon.
June 30th, electronic version of the Monograph: “Possibilities for development of business cluster network between SMEs from Visegrad countries and Serbia” is now completed. The monograph can be downloaded from the following Monography V4 30 jun 2014
Hard copy is also available from September 2014.
July 1st, the issue of the Serbian Journal of Management – SJM 9(2)2014 with included manuscripts from this project is published. This issue is containing the Editorial Note about the Round table and this project. This SJM issue is available at: http://www.sjm06.com/9_2_2014.html
Hard copy of this issue of SJM is available from September 2014.
July 2nd, all papers from the IMKSM2014 meeting are published in Book of Proceedings of the conference. The Book of proceedings is now available at following link:Final IMKSM14_Book of Proceedings
January 12th 2015, the issue of the Serbian Journal of Management – SJM 9(2)2014, with included manuscripts from this project, is available at SCOPUS and EBSCO. This issue is containing the Editorial Note about the Round table and this project. This SJM issue is also available at DOAJ.